Parent & Student Resources
VIRTUAL LEARNING RESOURCES
"Learning Anywhere, Anytime"
- Virtual Learning in Henrico
- A Guide for Families
- TMS Virtual Learning - Student Prep
- Student FAQ- Virtual Learning at TMS
- TMS Homework Boards for Virtual Learning & Recovery Assignments
If you plan to request a variance to another school for your child, note that Henrico County Public Schools (HCPS) has established deadlines to request a variance, beginning with the 2020-2021 school year.
Deadlines for requesting a variance:
- for High Schools: Mon., Feb. 17, 2020
- for Elementary & Middle Schools: Wed., Apr. 15, 2002
About Tuckahoe Middle School:
Tuckahoe Junior High School opened in the fall of 1959 on twenty-three acres in Henrico County. It was one of the first campus-style schools in the state of Virginia. At that time, its 10 buildings had 56 classrooms designed for 1,200 students. Bland Building’s ten classrooms were added soon after. The word “Tuckahoe” appears in several locations in this region of Virginia, and refers to a sturdy plant that provided nourishment for the early American Indians.
In 1971, Tuckahoe, located in the Three Chopt District, became a middle school for sixth through eighth grades.