The 2020-21 TMS Supply List has the items your student will need across all classes; plus, individual teachers may request certain items the first several days of school.
Take a look at our Virtual Cross-Over & Awards Ceremony for 8th Graders, as they enter the next phase of their lives and education! In this “Keepsake Program,” find the impressive list of award-winners for all subject areas.
Ann Greene, TMS Principal, shared these words:
“Our school has earned a reputation as one which focuses on academic excellence and one with an involved student body. Tuckahoe students, teachers, staff, along with parents have earned us this reputation and paved the way for future Patriots. It has been an honor to get to know each Patriot and their families over the past three years.”
Enjoy some sweet memories of our “drive-through” Graduation Ceremony in our Parent Car Loop at noon on Fri., June 12. In the next week, look for a full selection of photos on a separate webpage, accessible from this post.
Summer is officially here, with the promise of sun, fun, and leisure-time learning! For IB students at every grade level, that means lots of reading, with exciting book titles across a variety of genres. In the links below, find IB summer reading requirements–including related activities–that are sure to open up new worlds of adventure and enrichment:
Heading to Freeman next year? Interested in Athletics?
Visit these important links to learn more about all things SPORTS!
- Freeman Rebel School Teams: Find Student Activity Contract, Athletic Candidate Info Sheet, HCPS Concussion Policy Agreement & 4-page VHSL Participation Doc. Must complete all 7 pages, and get 12 student/parent/doctor signatures. Physicals must be dates after May 1, 2020, to be eligible to participate in conditioning, tryouts or play. No exceptions. (Physical dates @ Freeman, TBA). Health insurance required to play a sport; individual policies available through HCPS.
- Fall Sports: B&G Cross Country, Competition Cheer, Field Hockey, Football, Golf, B&G Volleyball. Start date: July 30 (Football, Golf, Sideline, Comp Cheer); Aug. 3 for all others. Contact coaches for times & locations.
- Winter Sports: B&G Basketball, Gymnastics, B&G Swimming, B&G Indoor Track, Wrestling. Start date: Nov. 9. Practices/games might be held over winter holiday. Contact coaches for times & locations.
- Spring Sports: Baseball, Softball, B&G LAX, B&G Soccer, B&Girls Tennis, B&G Outdoor Track. Start date: Feb. 22. Practices/games might be held over spring break. Contact coaches for times & locations.
- NOTE: All Freshmen trying out for these sports: Field Hockey, Football, Volleyball, Cheerleading, Basketball, Wrestling, Gymnastics, Baseball, Softball, LAX, Soccer, and any track athletes involved in jumping events will be required to take ImPact pre-concussion test with a school official PRIOR TO TRYOUTS (Cheerleaders may take after tryouts but before August). This is a HCPS requirement. The baseline test is good for two years. Will need to repeat when a Junior. YOU TAKE IT ONCE, not once for each sport! We will begin testing as soon as possible for the 2020-2021 school year. Direct link to Sign-ups again will be found on athletic Web-site. Computer required-lab will be set up for use during the summer months.
- MOST sports have pre-season conditioning in the weight room with additional sport-specific activity. Reach out to coaches for pre-season conditioning information.
Do you think the HCPS 2021-22 school year should start before or after Labor Day?
Members of the public are invited to share their thoughts about two school board-proposed options for starting the HCPS 2021/22 school year, by taking an online survey (open until June 3, at 8:00 a.m.).Those dates include a pre- and a post-Labor Day start.
For details, visit henricoschools.us, under “Hot Topics.”
Every member of our campus community can take special pride in our recent “No Place for Hate®” designation for the 2019-20 school year from the Anti-Defamation League. One hundred schools throughout the region participated in this initiative.
Throughout the school year, our Counseling Team sponsored a number of inclusivity, anti-bullying, and collaboration-building activities through the classroom to instill lifelong values of cooperation, communication and appreciation for individual differences.
Enjoy viewing the virtual, 4th Annual No Place for Hate Ceremony, with inspiring testimonials of students and staff regionwide.
Currently, TMS students enrolled in high-school credit courses are completing required work to earn credit for the course.
Per the Virginia Standards of Accreditation, a middle school student has the option to expunge/remove a high school course (grade and associated credit) taken in middle school from his/her high school transcript. While the course and grade will remain on the middle school record, neither will appear on the high school transcript or be included in the high school G.P.A.
Our TMS Counseling Team welcomes a discussion with any parents and students before submitting final paperwork.
- Instructions to access and complete “High School Credit Removal” form (PowerSchool Parent Portal)
- Deadline for Form Submission: June 30, 2020
Although we can’t celebrate our graduating 8th-graders in the typical style, we will highlight several of these Patriots each day on TMS social media–Facebook, Instagram @TMSPatriots,Twitter @TMSPatriots–and Schoology to see our featured 8th graders!
All 8th-Graders: Join in the fun by filling out this form to highlight your favorite campus memories and your proudest moments in your middle school years.
HCPS has launched a 7-day-a-week hotline to answer any questions our families have regarding our COVID-19 closure and virtual learning activities. We also answer your tech questions about school laptops on a separate help desk line:
HCPS Hotline: 804-501-5655 (8 a.m. until 4:30 p.m.)
HCPS Tech Help Desk: 804-328-5207 (Leave a specific message about HCPS Dell laptops and/or Chromebooks; responses typically are the same or next weekday during regular business hours.)
Virginia’s Gov. Northam issued an order, on Mon., March 23, closing the state’s schools for the remainder of the school year. This extended closure prioritizes the safety of students, staff members and the community during the COVID-19 public health crisis.
9000 Three Chopt Road, Henrico, VA 23229
Phone (804) 673-3720 | Fax (804) 673-3725
School Hours: 8:35 a.m. – 3:15 p.m.
Half-day dismissal time: 12:10 p.m.
Ann Greene, Principal