Our TMS art students will have a variety of artwork on display at the Sweet Frog at Ridge Shopping Center for the month of December. Stop by to check out the gallery, grab a chilly dessert!
If you plan to request a variance to another school for your child, note that Henrico County Public Schools (HCPS) has established deadlines to request a variance, beginning with the 2020-2021 school year.
Deadlines for requesting a variance:
- for High Schools: Mon., Feb. 17, 2020
- for Elementary & Middle Schools: Wed., Apr. 15, 2002
THIS WEEK @ TMS!
MON., DEC. 9 – Day 1
- Student 1/2 Day
TUES., DEC. 10 – Day 2
- Boys Basketball vs. Short Pump / “Away”
- Wrestling Team vs, Rolfe / “Home”
WED., DEC. 11 – Day 1
- Wrestling Team vs. Pocahontas / “Home”
- TMS “Spirit Night” @ Chipotle, Regency Square / 5:00 p.m. – 9:00 p..m. (Show attached flyer for 33% of your purchase to go to our PTA!)
THURS., DEC. 12 – Day 2
- Wrestling vs. Liberty / “Away”
- Winter Chorus Concert / 7:00 – 8:00 p.m. / TMS Gym
FRI., DEC. 13 – Day 1
Upcoming Important Dates!
- SUN., DEC. 15 – Barnes & Noble Book Fair / 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. / Barnes & Noble Libbie Place
- MON., DEC. 9 – Student 1/2 Day
- THURS., DEC. 12 – Winter Chorus Concert, 7 p.m.
- MON., DEC. 16 – Winter Orchestra Concert, 7 p.m.
- MON., DEC. 23 – FRI., JAN. 3 – Winter Break!
Always find the latest headlines in PARENT HIGHLIGHTS 12.8.19
By this time of the school year, student absences add up across all grade levels–especially with flu season in the air! Early dismissals translate into missed time, too. Recent statistics show that missing 1 day each week of school equals 3 years of lost school time over a student’s school career.
What can your family do to promote school attendance?
- Make school a priority for your children, and talk about why
- Keep a healthy school routine at home–healthy meals, plenty of sleep, etc.
- Schedule doctor’s appointments outside of school hours, when possible
- Know your school’s absence policy
- Always contact the school when your child will be absent
Find more info in School Attendance Matters.
Plus, visit our “Parent & Student Resource”page on this site for helpful info across a variety of topics.
YOU did it!
Thanks so much to the following donors, who not only met, but exceeded, our 2019/2020 Patriot Pride Fund goal of $8,500!
The Fund supports TMS programs and activities. With your generosity, we rounded out our Renovation Gift this year. We plan to spend the funds collected over the last 3 years to help the school establish an outdoor classroom space!
A scary-funny crew of 550 students and staff found chills and thrills at our “Fright Night Dance” for Halloween over the weekend, sponsored by the TMS SCA. Amazing costumes filled the gym, with winners including scariest, funniest, best group, and best overall. A DJ entertained with favorite tunes, as students danced, socialized and enjoyed a variety of tasty treats.
Thanks to all who attended and volunteered!
Find all of your Patriot’s Homework Boards in one convenient spot!
Do you have questions or concerns about your child’s development? Do you believe that your child might benefit from special education? If so, take the time to ask about Child Find.
Child Find is the process Henrico County Public Schools coordinates to identify and evaluate children who might need special education and related services under Section 504 and the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA).
Read the details:
Direct any questions to Katie Smith at 652-3842.
Have a product or service to sell?
Our school’s “60th Anniversary Celebration” and 4th Annual “Fall Bazaar” is Sat., Nov. 2, from 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. We have both indoor and outdoor booth space available for the pre-holiday sale that will benefit our Patriots. Email Ria Mullis for details.
The Patriot Pride Fund–our PTA‘s single annual fundraiser–is off to a great start! With an $8,500 goal, we currently are only $2,300 away from our finish line. With support from our school community, we soon will reach our annual goal.
Rest assured, 100 percent of your contributions supports the programs and events sponsored by our PTA throughout the year for our students, families, and teachers. Not only does this money fund the PTA budget, but it also will provide a renovation gift once our campus-wide TMS construction is complete.
Visit the PTA’s brand-new website to easily make your tax-deductible donation. Also share the link with your friends and family!
9000 Three Chopt Road, Henrico, VA 23229
Phone (804) 673-3720 | Fax (804) 673-3725
School Hours: 8:35 a.m. – 3:15 p.m.
Half-day dismissal time: 12:10 p.m.
Ann Greene, Principal